Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve in Carolina!

Y'all this is one of the best Christmas Eves I've had in awhile.  I had the opportunity to sleep in, work out and get some reading in before having to get ready for the day!  The family and I got dressed up to take Christmas pictures.  After some complaining, a little bit of fooling around and a lot of laughing, we finally got a few pictures that'll do!

The family (above) and the girls (to the right).
Do y'all like the dress?  It was the gift from the boy!  And how about my sisters outfit?  Because it's all my clothes ...


After pictures, we crammed into the car and headed to a Christmas Eve service at the Summit.  We were welcomed with hot chocolate, cookies and fake snow!  The music was amazing and of course, JD's message really hit home.  There are two things that we need to know about the birth of Christ:
  1. That God gave us an incredible gift - something we couldn't do for ourselves!  
  2. That Jesus Christ is Lord of all.  Though we may be facing difficult situations, He is in control and He has our best interest at heart.
After church we headed to the one and only: OLIVE GARDEN for dinner!  Following a delicious dinner, we drove around looking at lights.  We finished the night with a win from Southern Miss (hopefully, this bodes well for the Tar Heels!) and quality family bonding.

Before you open gifts tomorrow morning, take a minute to thank God for sending Jesus to be our Savior ... and to take our place.  He lived a perfect life and suffered a horrible death, so that we wouldn't have to.  We say what do I need to DO to have salvation; Jesus says it's already DONE. That's the best gift of all :)

Merry Christmas y'all!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like such an amazing girl and look beautiful in your pictures! I would really like to meet you sometime! Here is my phone number 336-830-1585. Call me sometime and I would love to take you out on a date.

    ReplyDelete