Friday, December 23, 2011

Almost Time for Christmas!

Another long, difficult semester comes to a close at Carolina and with it comes my favorite holiday of the year - Christmas!  Time off of school with absolutely nothing to do has been an absolute blessing!  I've been able to sleep, finish The Help, craft and spend time with friends and family.  I even made it out to Chapel Hill to watch the Heels dominate Texas!  My boyfriend came and spent a few days with my family - we caught up with friends from school over lunch, watched movies and exchanged gifts!  I got him a new study Bible, a bow tie from Southern Ties, a long sleeve t-shirt from Southern Point and monogrammed cuff links!  His mom got me a frame from Lilly and he got me a gorgeous dress with a matching necklace at Bevellos!  



 Jackie and his new Bible!  
 Jack's bow tie and my new Lilly frame!
My new dress!


Since all of my extended family is on the west coast, plans for my family and I are pretty simple.  We're taking a few Christmas pictures tomorrow and attending the Summit Church's Christmas service.   


My friends and I had a Christmas party the other night - we all got a chance to catch up and watch the Grinch!  We were supposed to make a gingerbread house, but with college boys, you can never count on these things.  Instead, we leave them alone for one second and come to find this:




What kinds of food do y'all eat for Christmas dinner?  Anything special?  Anything out of the ordinary?  What are the best gifts y'all received?  What do you plan on giving to your friends/family?  


Enjoy the holiday and remember that Jesus Christ is our reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment